Amount: 

Welcome to RT Server Customizer Forum

Error 0x00000154 when trying to share files
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Welcome to the RT Se7en Lite forum!
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Error 0x00000154 when trying to share files
Error 0x00000154 when trying to share files 1 Year ago Karma: 0
I did a build of Windows 7 x64 using Release Candidate version 1.7.0. I am having a problem with windows file sharing. I can access network shares from other computers, but I can not make a share with any computer running the custom OS. If I do, I get error 0x00000154. I went to change advanced sharing settings in network center and turned on file sharing, but it doesn't save the settings. I'm thinking it's possible that it is my fault and I disabled some required service, but I can't find anything. I saw a forum post with someone that has the exact same problem: www.rt7lite.com/rt-se7en-lite-forum/2-er...t-share-folders.html

The only posted solution was to wait for next build. It was posted three years ago, so I assume the current build fixes the problem. I have this OS installed on a few computers and I don't want to have to rebuild the OS and reinstall everything. Can you just tell me what files I need to add/what registry changes I need to make in order to make it work?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Error 0x00000154 when trying to share files 1 Year ago Karma: 0
I figured it out! I needed to have windows firewall and base filtering engine services installed, but they can be disabled. Now I am able to get the computer browser service started and set to automatic. I also added a CLSID:{E2B3C97F-6AE1-41AC-817A-F6F92166D7DD}.

So if you have the same problem, all you need to do is go to a working Windows 7 comp and export BFE and MpsSvc from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services and then go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{E2B3C97F-6AE1-41AC-817A-F6F92166D7DD} and export that also. Now just run those reg files on ur comp and then you can start the computer browser service. You may need to reboot before it will start though. Now share a folder! And if you want you can go back and make sure Firewall and Base Filtering Engine are disabled because they don't actually need to be running, but they need to be installed anyway (don't have a clue why they don't need to be started but whatever).
Last Edit: 2013/07/09 22:03 By Synaps3.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop